How Does CompuFly Gather Personal Information?
2. Registration and Transactions: Any information you provide to us at this site when you establish or update an account, purchase service plans online or request information (i.e. name, address, e-mail address and telephone number), is maintained in private files on our secure Web server and our internal systems. This information is used to enable CompuFly to deliver services to you.
We currently use the prevalent gateway Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol like those of Authorize.Net or safecart to process credit card, during online transactions. CompuFly may assist you in entering your the credit card information into the payment gateway, which is certified under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. CompuFly neither stores nor publishes your credit card number on any media on its server.
3. System information: CompuFly does not automatically access any Personal Information (such as the contents of personal documents or web browsing history) stored on a PC. The data collected from the PC includes items such as:
- System board, BIOS, CPU, video, and memory configuration;
- Disk drives, disk controllers, and installed hardware;
- System name & IP, Windows version, and browser type;
- System status such as CPU load and available disk space;
- Programs running during testing;
- Mac I/D of the machines;
- Details pertaining to Tablets and Smart Phones.
Any Personal Information you may provide to us at this site when you establish or update an account, purchase service plans online or request information may be shared with freelancers we have hired or business partners we have tied up with to provide services for us. These freelancers or business partners are contractually bound to use Personal Information we share with them only to perform the services we have hired them or tied up with to provide. We do not share, sell, or lease Personal Information about you to any third-parties (other than to our corporate affiliates) for their marketing use. We will release information about you if you direct us to do so, if we are required by law to do so, or in other legally limited circumstances (for example, to protect your account from fraud).Notwithstanding the above, you should be aware that no guarantee can or is hereby be provided as to the security of information transmitted over the Internet. Therefore, CompuFly does not represent, warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration and CompuFly shall not be held liable for any breach of confidentiality pertaining thereto.
We also use a third-party technology to place our advertisements on other websites. This technology will install a small cookie file on your computer when you view our ad. These cookies will not contain any information that personally identifies you (such as your name or e-mail address) but they will contain a randomly generated number that is unique to your browser and can be recognized by a "web beacon" (transparent GIF file) on our site if you click through to our site from one of our ads. This allows us to keep track of how many unique visitors we have to our site and from what ads they entered, so that we can measure the effectiveness of our ads and ad placements. The privacy policies of the websites on which we advertise, and through which the cookies are installed should inform you about the cookie, and you may of course set your browser to reject cookies.
Does CompuFly Disclose your Personal Information?
You should be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Website. CompuFly does not sell, rent or trade your e-mail address to third parties (other than to our corporate affiliates). We may, however, use third parties to help us provide services to you, such as fulfilling orders, processing payments, monitoring site activity, conducting surveys, and administering e-mails. If Personal Information is provided to any of these third parties, we will require that such information be maintained by them in confidence.
What are My Responsibilities in Protecting My Personal Information?
1. Member account, password and security: If any of the Services requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. Do not provide CompuFly with additional Personal Information unless you are requested to do so. You also will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify CompuFly immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. You are hereby forbidden to store under a data storage plan, any objectionable material pertaining to child pornography, pirated software, any document / media deemed illegal by any Federal, Province or Local Court of law in Canada. Under these circumstances, CompuFly will be bound to share your Personal Information with the relevant Canada authorities, without incurring any kind of liability whatsoever. CompuFly will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by CompuFly or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
We prefer to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your Personal Information including billing and shipping information by logging into your account.
When you create or change your account, we will send a message to the email address confirming the changes made and options you have chosen. CompuFly periodically distributes an e-mail newsletter, and you choose whether you want to receive a newsletter from us when you create your account. If you later decide not to receive the newsletter, you can remove yourself from the mailing list at any time.
2. Forgotten, Lost or Stolen Information: If you have forgotten your password, we provide a mechanism that e-mails your password to you. Since the "forgot my password" feature sends your password to the email address that you used for registration, do not use an email address that can be accessed by others that you would not want to see or change your CompuFly account information.
What Are the Other Key Elements of CompuFly's Privacy Provincement?
2. Access: You may correct, amend, or delete information through your account log-in where it is inaccurate.
3. Security: CompuFly takes reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. CompuFly's Website has reasonable safeguards in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the data you provide to us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, such as encryption, passwords, physical security, etc. In certain areas of CompuFly's Website, CompuFly uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions. While CompuFly strives to protect your Personal Information it cannot ensure or warrant that the Personal Information or private communications you transmit to us will always remain private, and you do so at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and Personal Information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users. CompuFly urges you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser.
4. Data Integrity: CompuFly takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is not modified or corrupted.
5. Children: The CompuFly website does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for Personal Information.
6. Third Party Sites: CompuFly's Website contains links to other sites operated or maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such website. We will not share your personal information with third parties websites. Some of these third-party sites may be co-branded with a CompuFly logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by us. Although CompuFly chooses its business partners carefully, CompuFly is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of third party or co-branded websites.
8. Enforcement: CompuFly periodically verifies that this Policyis accurate and, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, implemented, and in conformity with applicable privacy laws. We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns with us using the contact information above. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with the principles contained in this Privacy Provincement. As an initial matter, CompuFly shall address each individual complaint regarding CompuFly compliance with this Provincement. If the individual complaint cannot be resolved by CompuFly and the affected individual within thirty (30) days of the date of complaint, then CompuFly agrees to submit the dispute for dispute mediation, and, if necessary, resolution through binding arbitration through the use of JAMS, the American Arbitration Association, ADR/Equimar, or another U.S. based arbitration administrator to be selected by CompuFly.
Communications from Us
We reserve the right to send you certain communication including newsletters, e-mailers and renewal notices, considered to be a part of your service plan; however if you do not wish to receive such communication from us, you can indicate your preference by following the instructions included in such communication or by emailing us at [email protected] or you may contact us at (888) 983-7709 or write to Customer Support , CompuFly, CompuFly Ltd., Minshull House, 67 Wellington Road North, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 2LP, United Kingdom to opt-out.
Changes to this Privacy Provincement
Minshull House, 67 Wellington Road North
Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 2LP